Before you begin:
* you must have access to the configuration of your simulator.
* the region must be online and accessible, preferably 24/7.
If your region is offline for more than 2 consecutive days it will be automatically deleted from the Destination guide.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Configuration changes in your simulator:
To add your region the simulator must be allowed to communicate with the remote scripts on osgrid servers:
* open OpenSim.ini (located in the bin folder of your simulator).
* go to the [Network] section
* find the line ExternalHostNameForLSL = and make sure that the IP or dns you use is correct. If it is missing, add it at the end.
Save the file.
Terminate your simulator by giving the proper quit command in the consol (do not simply click the X in the window!), then
Log in to your region and rez a box.
In Edit mode, go to Content and create a new script. Name it DestinationGuide (or whatever you like).
Copy the script below and paste it in the new script you just made and edit line categorie_name =
Choose one of the categories 3-14 from the script and paste it at line 8, then save it.
Example string categorie_name = "Gaming";
E-mail Paela Argus firstname.lastname@example.org with:
* Your full avatar name
* the name of your region and desired category
* a screenshot you want displayed in the Destination guide.
Please use a small 515 x 512 jpeg file. High resolution pictures will be rejected.
Done. If you need more help please ask Dan Banner or Paela Argus for assistance.
Job: Vice-PresidentHomesteads - Wright Plaza Shops
Job: Web AdminGrid maintenance
Job: TreasurerHomesteads - Plazas
Job:Homesteads - Plazas
Job: SecretaryHomesteads - Plazas
Job:Event Plaza Administrator